Listen to the Latest Episodes
Get Notified of New Episodes Every Week
Join the newsletter to get updates on new episodes, tips for starting your private practice, and a free private practice cheat sheet.
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Have you ever listened to a podcast and thought, hmm….that seems pretty bland, vanilla, or “scripted?”
The All Things Private Practice Podcast is the exact opposite! If you know me, you know that I respect authenticity, rawness, and vulnerability.
This podcast started as a resource to help mental health therapists start and grow their businesses but it’s transformed into something so MUCH more than that.
If you’re a small business owner, private practice therapist, mental health therapist, or a human being then this is for you. I regularly interview and have conversations with industry experts, entrepreneurs who have worked through adversity to get to another side, to help normalize fear, failure, struggle, and celebrate outside-the-box thinking and success.Listen Now
Some of the topics I cover are:
- Normalizing the fear of leaving a secure, safe place of employment and stepping into the unknown of being an entrepreneur and small business owner
- Talking about fear, insecurity, impostor syndrome, and self-doubt
- Discussion with successful BIPOC therapists and entrepreneurs about how they’ve worked so F*cking hard to get to where they’re at, and very real conversations around their experiences
- The mindset shift that comes with owning a business, especially the ebb and flow of “I am CRUSHING it” vs. “OMG, I AM NEVER going to be able to do this again”
- All Things Money — Capitalism, Hustle Culture, Choosing and Discussing Fees, and most importantly, working through our money traumas, narratives, and anxieties, and experiences
- All Things Impostor Syndrome — Having very real, very painful conversations around the age-old question “Am I Good Enough To Do This?”
- Conversations around Neurodivergence and Entrepreneurs, and How to Harness And Embrace Your Superpowers
- Imperfect Action — You may be thinking “WTF Is That?” I believe in building the plane as you fly it, and we discuss how to put your ideas out to the world before they’re “perfect” or “ready”
- Using fear as a GAS pedal instead of a Brake
- Celebrating outside-the-box thinkers and entrepreneurs — Especially those of us who are Breaking The Mold and doing things differently
MEET YOUR HOST
Patrick Casale, MA, LCMHC, LCAS
Hi. I’m Patrick Casale, the founder of All Things Private Practice.
I’m a Mental Health & Addiction Therapist, a group practice owner, and a Private Practice Coach and Strategist for therapists.
I’ve worked in the helping profession since 2008, and, like many therapists, I started my career in a community mental health job where I was undervalued, underpaid, and burnt out.
I knew I wanted to get out but feared the uncertainty of private practice, because, at the time, I had no fucking clue how to start a business.
After all, most people who go into the helping profession don’t have a lot of business training, if any at all. But I was determined to make it in private practice.
After a lot of work, some struggles, and trial-and-error, I successfully launched my private practice. Then a couple of years after that, I launched a thriving group practice.
I am truly passionate about empowering therapists to take the steps they need to create more successful lives and careers while working flexible hours, taking more vacations, and using their precious clinical skills effectively.
When it comes to being a successful private practice and small business owner, I’ve already been there and done that, so I can help you save time, skip the guesswork, and start seeing clients sooner.
Join the newsletter to stay up to date with new episodes, get more tips on how to start your private practice, and receive a free guide on what you can do NOW to start your own private practice.Join the Newsletter & Stay Up to Date with New Episodes
Want to be a guest on the All Things Private Practice Podcast?
If you want to be a guest on this podcast, fill out the form below and hit submit. Please make sure to include: